Labels

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

life's mission


This year I am going to begin answering a 365 questions journal to be answered each day for the whole year. I figured it would be a good mental exercise, and I've been meaning to develop a writing habit, and I want something to think about with depth.

For January 1, 2014, the question is: "What is your mission?"

Mission kind of makes me think of purpose - why I was brought to this earth. My mission should be something that would pave the way to reaching that purpose.

I think each person no matter how inconsequential they think their lives are were brought to this earth for some kind of purpose. They just have to find that purpose in order for their stay here to be more meaningful and have a life well spent.

Which brings me to the question, what makes life meaningful?

Last December 24, 2013, Christmas Eve, I just watched the movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" by Frank Capra for the first time. It was a story of a man who was about to commit suicide because he was about to go bankrupt. Then an angel stopped him and showed him what it would have been like had he not been born and everything was not as good, in fact, a lot worse than when he had lived in it and it was then that he realized he had such a wonderful life. The world had been a far more better place with him in it.

So maybe a good mission is to live from now on with the thought of making my own little corner of the world a better place for some people because I have been in it.




No comments:

Post a Comment